Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hummus---recipe of the day!

Ingredients:

garbanzo beans
fresh garlic
olive or sesame oil
salt/peppah'
cumin

Chop it all up together in a chopper. I don't measure anything, just go by taste/texture. I have to do 1/2 the can of the garbanzo beans, garlic, oil, etc... at a time because I have a little chopper.


And, that's what I am making at some point later today. It gives one major garlic breath, so beware of that. Like, don't eat it on your wedding day or anything. I like to eat it with triscuits or even just put it on a whole grain tortilla with turkey or just veggies. I am thinking it would be good with avacado, but I haven't yet tried that. It's yummy and since I have been craving it for awhile now, this is the recipe of the day.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger gravy said...

Could I add cilantro and black olives to the mixture for some added pop and earthiness to it... Wait a minute!

What's this have to do with Muppering?

BTW, avocado. :}

10:06 AM

 
Blogger nicol said...

I am plotting to take over this whole site and turn it into the recipe site. ***evil laugh***

It's always good to have added "pop and earthiness" to your recipes, Julia [or are you] Emiril?, so I would say try the cilantro and the black olives and see how it tastes.

Maybe this has to do with Muppering, because I suppose this could be brought along on a cruise through Wilderness for a snack, along with some crackers?

10:35 AM

 
Blogger nicol said...

And how did I misspell one of my favorite foods? HOW???

10:44 AM

 
Blogger da terminator said...

garlic gives me gas.

5:53 PM

 
Blogger gravy said...

Again, what does that have to do with Muppering?

6:11 AM

 
Blogger Adrian Olivera said...

Da Term - Good tactic for racing...eat garlic before.

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home